Wish us luck ...

  • Catherine Browning
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2009
      Hi all,

      As some of you know, I'm in Melbourne Australia. Well, starting
      tomorrow (Tuesday), every day in the foreseeable future is going to be
      40 and above, with "low" temps around 25. In fahrenheit, that's highs
      of 104+ and "lows"of around 77.

      Claude went into CHF in November last year, and has been stable on
      .5ml of furosemide twice daily, 60mg of natto once-daily and 1/2 a tab
      of fortekor daily.

      His little sister Tuppenny also has HCM, but is currently stable,
      though she gets 50mg prophylactic natto.

      They've already lost their big sister and big brother to complications
      from saddle thrombosis. They were all born Sep 1st 2002.

      We don't have air conditioning, the brick house takes a while to heat
      up initially (so tomorrow will mostly be okay), but then takes forever
      to cool down.

      I'm also worried about my parents. They aren't young. My dad has
      aircon at his place, but also heart disease. His sister, who has been
      like a grandmother to me, also has aircon, but is very frail, as is my
      actual grandma. Actually, everyone I've mentioned here has heart
      disease. And then there's my mum, who has lost a LOT of weight
      recently.

      I'm just so worried about everyone. Right now, we have a forecast
      through to Monday. Tuesday to Saturday will be over 40, and then
      "only" around 30. And already, flaming idiots (if you'll parden the
      pun) have been lighting bushfires (I think you call them wildfires or
      brushfires) within kilometres of my home.

      I guess the point of this long-winded posting is to ask ... please,
      wish us all luck. I think we're going to need it.

      Cheers,

      Catherine, Kitty, Claude and Tuppenny
      Topsy-Angel, Buttons-Angel, Patch-Angel.
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2009
        hi everyone,

        I wrote to Catherine to see how the heat wave was going down there in
        Australia today, and she wanted me to let everyone know that she and
        Claude, Tuppenny and Kitty came through the last heat wave okay, but
        they're supposed to get over 115 degrees today. They're having bush
        fires everywhere that are threatening a main electricity grid which
        could turn off Melbourne's power.

        I can't imagine it being that hot and trying to keep the kitties cool.

        Keep Catherine and her furkids in good cool thoughts.

        hugs,
        Carol and Snowball and the gang