Cecil

  • Sandy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2009
      Cecil is 11 years old and has Acromegly. He was just DX with HCM, after going into CHF.  He bounced back quickly and is doing fine. He is on Lasix, Cardizam and Benzaprile. I hope that he can stay healthy for awhile.  I just don't know how quickly they slide down hill.  Sometimes, I worry that I will find him dead when I get home.  I hate this DX! Poor kittie, first the Acro then this!

      Sandy and Cecil

    • Judi Levens
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2009
        I felt just the same way when Max was DX with HCM at the beginning of October, 2007...but, he is still doing great. Takes enalapril and lasix and CQ10 and nattozyne and seems to be healthy and happy. We know that they can go at any time, but knowing this makes their time really special...we enjoy every day together and I feel so close to him now that it will be even much harder to let him go when his time comes, but we're not thinking about that; just enjoying every day. You will get used to the DX and hopefully Cecil will do well (Max is 12.5 yrs) with it. I don't know anything about Acromegly, so I don't know how they work together, but I will be hoping that you and Cecil both adjust and flourish with his disease...good luck...Judi and Max

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.comFrom: sanrun@...: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:02:06 -0800Subject: [FH] Cecil

        Cecil is 11 years old and has Acromegly. He was just DX with HCM, after going into CHF. He bounced back quickly and is doing fine. He is on Lasix, Cardizam and Benzaprile. I hope that he can stay healthy for awhile. I just don't know how quickly they slide down hill. Sometimes, I worry that I will find him dead when I get home. I hate this DX! Poor kittie, first the Acro then this! Sandy and Cecil[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      • elfinmyst@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 25, 2009
          Hello Sandy

          I am sorry to hear that Cecil has HCM. No one can predict a prognosis and
          some cats manage very well for years. My Trixi was diagnosed at 13 weeks old,
          was given 2 months to live and is now two and a half years!! Cats don't know
          what the cardiologist says, or they do and are determined to show differently!!
          Love Cecil every day. No one cna ever know what is going to happen, but with
          meds and supplements (I use Cardio S) they can live a long life.

          It's fantastic that the drugs worked for him!

          Lyn:)