Re: Nattokinase

  • mary
    Message 1 of 58 , Jan 9, 2009
      Gail, Carol, and all,

      My heart kitty, Popper, has been on Lovenox (.1ml 2x day) and baby
      aspirin (81mg every third day) since he threw his second and most
      recent clot on Labor Day.

      Popper's clot (to his right front paw) did dissolve and he's been
      doing extremely well since then. His heart problem is still there,
      but the vet says it hasn't gotten any worse.

      I have followed the threads about Nattokinase and asked our vet about
      it, but she hasn't heard of it, so I've been taking the established
      western medicine route since it seems to be working for Popper so
      far.

      If anyone has any links to a good website about Nattokinase, please
      share. Popper's vet is a veterinary internist who has treated a lot
      of heart kitties and she would be interested in the science behind
      Nattokinase.

      Mary and kitty Popper

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <carolroars@...> wrote:

      > Hi Gail,
      >
      > Yes, it is. Here's some info on it from the manufacturer.
      > http://www.lovenox.com/consumer/default.aspx
      >
      > You may be able to replace the aspirin and Lovenox with
      > Nattokinase. When our angel Chris was on Heparin and aspirin, he
      > was on the Heparin for only 10 days, then the aspirin, then after
      > that, we switched to Nattokinase.
      >
      > You should find out from the vet/cardiologist how long she's
      > supposed to be on the Lovenox, if it's a temporary thing or a for
      > always thing.
      >
      > I didn't think you needed to give aspirin AND things like Heparin,
      > Lovenox, Plavix, at the same time. Anyone else know about this?
      > Giving both seems like too much to me.
      >
      > Carol and Snowball and the gang
      >

      > --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "galenarizona"
      > <galenarizona@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Just a quick, possibly naive question (sorry) - but is Lovenox a
      > blood thinner?
      > >
      > > Mommy is recovering from saddle thrombosis - Week 6
      > >
      > > I was reading about the natto thinking I could replace the 1/4
      tab
      > of aspirin every 3rd day with the natto - but I also read the
      warning
      > about not taking it with other blood thinners.

    • Carol
      Message 58 of 58 , Aug 13
        hi Jen,

        We use Nutricology Nattozyme.  They  make a few potencies, but this is the one we used. http://www.vitacost.com/nutricology-nattozyme-90-softgels  It's 36mg in each softgel.

        Most brands are good, just make sure you get one that has the Vitamin K removed.  Some of them don't.

        We gave our Misty 1 softgel twice a day.  Some folks gave much  more, up to 100mg twice a day.

        Carol and Angel Misty