Re: [FH] Re: New Labs for Data - need feedback One More Detail

  • Vicky
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
      Hi Dawn,

      Your current treatment list does not mention Sub-Q fluids. Has your
      vet discussed the benefits of daily fluids, even at this stage? You
      wouldn't want to give much because of heart issues, perhaps 50ml/day
      or every other day, but we have stabilized Gandalf's kidney values
      through use of lactated ringers fluid therapy and low phosphorus food
      (currently canned Wellness brand, non-fish varieties). Gandalf is also
      diabetic, also has a gallop heart rhythm and recently underwent
      surgery to remove a parathyroid tumor. He is 15 1/2.

      I'm sorry I don't have any advice about the anemia.

      BTW, as a Trek fan, Mr. Data has always been a favorite of mine ;-)

      Vicky

    • dawnowens60610
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
        Hi Vicki,
        Right now his vet does not want to start him on sub-q fluids quite yet
        as he is actually doing quite well with hydration. But we are keeping
        a close eye on him and doing checkups every 3 months. Poor
        kitty...he's my 3rd crf kitty and momma is hyper-hovering over him.

        BTW..love LOTR too..Gandalf is a cool character.

        dawn