Re: New Labs for Data - need feedback One More Detail

  • dawnowens60610
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
      I forgot to say that Data is also diabetic...he was diagnosed 5 years
      ago and it is being managed with PZI insulin.

      dawn

> [...]
      > ask about heart and anemia but we would be most grateful for any
      > feedback you can give on data. He is currently on phosphorus binders,
      > jarrows b supplement, taurine supplement, renafood, co-q10, and we're
      > going to be starting him on a 1/4 tab of benazepril 5 mg on
      > monday...we tried him on 1/2 tab because of his weight but he did not
      > react well to it. He is also losing weight...he was 14.13 in october,
      > 13.9 11/25 & 13.4 on 1/2/09.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Dawn & Data,Angels Brandy, Hobbes & Bandit
      >
      > 1/2/09 10/11/08
      >
      > Glucose(70-150) 262 242
      > UN (15-34) 49 40
      > Creatinine(0.8-2.3) 2.6 3.3
      > Total Protein (TP(5.9-8.5) 8.1 8.1
      > Albumin (ALB) (2.3-3.9) 3.4 3.2
      > Total Bilirubin(0.1-0.4) 0.1 0.1
      > Alkaline Phos(0-62) 31 41
      > ALT (SGPT)(28-100) 37 70
      > AST (SGOT)(5-55) 13 25
      > Cholesterol(82-218) 188 144
      > Calcium (Ca) (8.2-11.8) 9.5 9.4
      > Phosphorus (3-7) 4.7 4.2
      > Sodium (Na) (149-156) 151 152
      > Potassium (K) (3.9-5.3) 4.7 3.8
      > Na/K Ratio (32-41) 32 40
      > Chloride (Cl) (111-125) 117 115
      > A/G Ratio (0.4-.08 .7 .7
      > BUN/Creatinine Ratio 19 12.1
      > Globulin (GLOB) (3-5.6) 4.7 4.9
      > Lipase (10-195) 60 41
      > Amlyase (AMYL) (505-1285) 1040 1165
      > Triglycerides (25-160) 53
      > CPK (64-440) 115 186
      > GGTP (0-6 2 1.0
      > Magnesium(1.5-2.5) 2.0
      >

      > Complete Blood Count Normal Results Results
      > Hemoglobin (HGB) (9.5-15)9.5 11.4
      > Hematocrit (*PCV/HCT) (29-45) 29 36
      > WBC (4.2-15.6) 10.8 12.5
      > RBC (6-10) 7.0 8.18
      > MCV (41-58) 41 44
      > MCH (11-17.5) 13.5 13.9
      > MCHC (29-36) 33 31.7
      > Platelet Count (170-600)430 128
      > Platelet Estimate Adequate Adequate
      >
      > T4 (.8-4.0) 2.0 2.1
      > Differential Normal Absolute Absolute
      > Neutrophils Seg 7236
      > Bands (0-3)
      > Lymphocytes(1200-8000) 1836
      > Monocytes(1-4/0-600 432
      > Eosinophils(2-12/0-1000 1296
      > Basophils (0-1) 0
      > Platelet Estimate Adequate
      > Platelet Count (200-500)430
      >

      > Urinalysis Normal Results Results
      > Ph 5.5-7.0 6.5 6.0
      > Specific Gravity1.029 1.030-1.040
      > Appearance *Clear Clear Clear
      > Color Yellow Yellow
      > Odor N/A N/A
      > Protein Neg 1+ some
      > Glucose Neg 3+ 1000
      > Ketone Neg NEG NEG
      > Bilirubin Neg
      > Blood Neg 3+ (cysto)NEG
      > WBC/HPF 0-3 1-3
      > RBC 0-3 4-10 (cysto)
      > Casts/LPF none seen
      > Crystals/hPF none seen
      > Sediment
      > Bacteria None none seen
      > Renal Epithelial Cells None-Rare none seen
      > Transitional Epithelia Cells None-Rare none seen

    • Vicky
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
        Hi Dawn,

        Your current treatment list does not mention Sub-Q fluids. Has your
        vet discussed the benefits of daily fluids, even at this stage? You
        wouldn't want to give much because of heart issues, perhaps 50ml/day
        or every other day, but we have stabilized Gandalf's kidney values
        through use of lactated ringers fluid therapy and low phosphorus food
        (currently canned Wellness brand, non-fish varieties). Gandalf is also
        diabetic, also has a gallop heart rhythm and recently underwent
        surgery to remove a parathyroid tumor. He is 15 1/2.

        I'm sorry I don't have any advice about the anemia.

        BTW, as a Trek fan, Mr. Data has always been a favorite of mine ;-)

        Vicky

      • dawnowens60610
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
          Hi Vicki,
          Right now his vet does not want to start him on sub-q fluids quite yet
          as he is actually doing quite well with hydration. But we are keeping
          a close eye on him and doing checkups every 3 months. Poor
          kitty...he's my 3rd crf kitty and momma is hyper-hovering over him.

          BTW..love LOTR too..Gandalf is a cool character.

          dawn