New Labs for Data - need feedback (cross post)

  • dawnowens60610
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
      Hi Everyone,
      Well, the good news is that i think we have found a new vet for Mr.
      Data...she does home visits which helps a lot with data's stress
      levels which is the only reason we were able to get a successful BP
      reading. On the not so good side, his CRF is progressing slightly,
      we're showing definite signs of early anemia problems and during the
      exam we got a high blood pressure reading of 180 with the doppler &
      she said she was hearing a fast heartbeat(she described it as a gallop
      rhythm but it didn't have those pauses like ba ba bump...his was more
      bump bump bump bump. I've emailed her a whole page of questions to
      ask about heart and anemia but we would be most grateful for any
      feedback you can give on data. He is currently on phosphorus binders,
      jarrows b supplement, taurine supplement, renafood, co-q10, and we're
      going to be starting him on a 1/4 tab of benazepril 5 mg on
      monday...we tried him on 1/2 tab because of his weight but he did not
      react well to it. He is also losing weight...he was 14.13 in october,
      13.9 11/25 & 13.4 on 1/2/09.

      Thanks!
      Dawn & Data,Angels Brandy, Hobbes & Bandit

      1/2/09 10/11/08

      Glucose(70-150) 262 242
      UN (15-34) 49 40
      Creatinine(0.8-2.3) 2.6 3.3
      Total Protein (TP(5.9-8.5) 8.1 8.1
      Albumin (ALB) (2.3-3.9) 3.4 3.2
      Total Bilirubin(0.1-0.4) 0.1 0.1
      Alkaline Phos(0-62) 31 41
      ALT (SGPT)(28-100) 37 70
      AST (SGOT)(5-55) 13 25
      Cholesterol(82-218) 188 144
      Calcium (Ca) (8.2-11.8) 9.5 9.4
      Phosphorus (3-7) 4.7 4.2
      Sodium (Na) (149-156) 151 152
      Potassium (K) (3.9-5.3) 4.7 3.8
      Na/K Ratio (32-41) 32 40
      Chloride (Cl) (111-125) 117 115
      A/G Ratio (0.4-.08 .7 .7
      BUN/Creatinine Ratio 19 12.1
      Globulin (GLOB) (3-5.6) 4.7 4.9
      Lipase (10-195) 60 41
      Amlyase (AMYL) (505-1285) 1040 1165
      Triglycerides (25-160) 53
      CPK (64-440) 115 186
      GGTP (0-6 2 1.0
      Magnesium(1.5-2.5) 2.0

      Complete Blood Count Normal Results Results
      Hemoglobin (HGB) (9.5-15)9.5 11.4
      Hematocrit (*PCV/HCT) (29-45) 29 36
      WBC (4.2-15.6) 10.8 12.5
      RBC (6-10) 7.0 8.18
      MCV (41-58) 41 44
      MCH (11-17.5) 13.5 13.9
      MCHC (29-36) 33 31.7
      Platelet Count (170-600)430 128
      Platelet Estimate Adequate Adequate

      T4 (.8-4.0) 2.0 2.1
      Differential Normal Absolute Absolute
      Neutrophils Seg 7236
      Bands (0-3)
      Lymphocytes(1200-8000) 1836
      Monocytes(1-4/0-600 432
      Eosinophils(2-12/0-1000 1296
      Basophils (0-1) 0
      Platelet Estimate Adequate
      Platelet Count (200-500)430

      Urinalysis Normal Results Results
      Ph 5.5-7.0 6.5 6.0
      Specific Gravity1.029 1.030-1.040
      Appearance *Clear Clear Clear
      Color Yellow Yellow
      Odor N/A N/A
      Protein Neg 1+ some
      Glucose Neg 3+ 1000
      Ketone Neg NEG NEG
      Bilirubin Neg
      Blood Neg 3+ (cysto)NEG
      WBC/HPF 0-3 1-3
      RBC 0-3 4-10 (cysto)
      Casts/LPF none seen
      Crystals/hPF none seen
      Sediment
      Bacteria None none seen
      Renal Epithelial Cells None-Rare none seen
      Transitional Epithelia Cells None-Rare none seen
      Squamous Epithelia/HPF none seen
      Heartworm Antibody N/A
    • dawnowens60610
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
        I forgot to say that Data is also diabetic...he was diagnosed 5 years
        ago and it is being managed with PZI insulin.

        dawn

> [...]
        > Eosinophils(2-12/0-1000 1296
        > Basophils (0-1) 0
        > Platelet Estimate Adequate
        > Platelet Count (200-500)430
        >

        > Urinalysis Normal Results Results
        > Ph 5.5-7.0 6.5 6.0
        > Specific Gravity1.029 1.030-1.040
        > Appearance *Clear Clear Clear
        > Color Yellow Yellow
        > Odor N/A N/A
        > Protein Neg 1+ some
        > Glucose Neg 3+ 1000
        > Ketone Neg NEG NEG
        > Bilirubin Neg
        > Blood Neg 3+ (cysto)NEG
        > WBC/HPF 0-3 1-3
        > RBC 0-3 4-10 (cysto)
        > Casts/LPF none seen
        > Crystals/hPF none seen
        > Sediment
        > Bacteria None none seen
        > Renal Epithelial Cells None-Rare none seen
        > Transitional Epithelia Cells None-Rare none seen

      • Vicky
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
          Hi Dawn,

          Your current treatment list does not mention Sub-Q fluids. Has your
          vet discussed the benefits of daily fluids, even at this stage? You
          wouldn't want to give much because of heart issues, perhaps 50ml/day
          or every other day, but we have stabilized Gandalf's kidney values
          through use of lactated ringers fluid therapy and low phosphorus food
          (currently canned Wellness brand, non-fish varieties). Gandalf is also
          diabetic, also has a gallop heart rhythm and recently underwent
          surgery to remove a parathyroid tumor. He is 15 1/2.

          I'm sorry I don't have any advice about the anemia.

          BTW, as a Trek fan, Mr. Data has always been a favorite of mine ;-)

          Vicky

        • dawnowens60610
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
            Hi Vicki,
            Right now his vet does not want to start him on sub-q fluids quite yet
            as he is actually doing quite well with hydration. But we are keeping
            a close eye on him and doing checkups every 3 months. Poor
            kitty...he's my 3rd crf kitty and momma is hyper-hovering over him.

            BTW..love LOTR too..Gandalf is a cool character.

            dawn