Re:New Member

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 115 , Jan 1, 2009
      Hello Jaime and Maia

      I`m sorry to hear Maia is unwell. If she is coughing she may have fluid on
      the lungs and need something to help that which will also make her feel better.
      Lasix and spiro are common.

      Has Maia had an ultrasound? If not, then I highly recommend one and it will
      see what form of HCM she has and the treatment varies. Also Atenolol in a cat
      with heart failure can be dangerous, so a cardiologist would regularly
      monitor that or use other drugs. Is Maia in heart failure?

      I`m sorry if I am giving you advice you already know as you're a vet.. I`m
      just speaking from my own experience with a lot of cats with heart problems and
      the resaerch I have done on the net and advice I have received from the
      wonderful people here.

      I use cardiostrength which is a wonderful supplement to help the heart as
      well.

      It's a friendly group and please ask all your questions. I found there is
      always someone who knows something about various topics of heart disease.

      How old is Maia?

      Lyn :)

    • Elfinmyst
      Message 115 of 115 , May 7, 2015
        Hi there

        I am sorry to hear of your little girl and fully agree she is stressed and that made her loss of bladder control. If you want to bring in another ask the vet's advice, it takes time and patience and the other stray must be tested for leukaemia and feline AIDS too as well as treated and vaccinated, flead and wormed. Heart valves leaking is a condition a few of mine have and it doesn't affect their playing or having fun. But mine were raised with many cats, yours is a single and frightened girl. If you want to take the stray, do it gently and with advice from a behavourist but it sometimes fails to work.