Re:Possible saddle thrombosis

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
      Hi

      I thoroughly agree with Carol! If it is a thrombosis, then immediate
      heparin/painkiller can be given. Also massage may help. If the kitty is in pain,
      then pain control is most important. To say nothing can be done could mean the
      cat could be suffering.

      It is possible it is a mini stroke as well. That would need investigating
      and cats recover well. Blood pressure would need to be checked and something to
      dissolve the clot.

      If the cat is on insulin, it is even more important to get to a vet. I would
      choose a different vet and go NOW. She may be entering a diabetic crash and
      need urgent treatment. That could cause confusion and instability as well.

      In other words, vet now.. and without delay. But not one who couldn't treat
      them..!!

      Lyn :)