Re:New member Ruby; old member, Judith

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
      Hi Judith and Ruby.

      Ruby sounds gorgeous! A torbie white longhair is likely to be a pedigree
      background as they are rare in domestics. This increases her chance of a heart
      problem. I have a lot (too many) pedigrees and two have mitral regurgitation.
      It seems to cause them no trouble and hasn't progressed over four years in
      Toby. He has a repeat echo to keep an eye on it.

      We do keep an eye on his weight. He doesn't take supplements apart from
      cystaid for his urinary blocking. Chloe also has mild regurgitation and the
      cardiologist was not concerned. Like your Ruby, it only shows under stress.

      You could give her cardiostrength as a precaution. My symptomatic cats get
      that.

      :) Lyn

    • goldbe50
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2009
        Ruby thanks you for the compliment. Truth is she's too adorable for
        words. Doubt she has much pedigreed in her as you can find any color
        combination you can dream of out on the streets of Israel. Although
        there is a tendency of one of the more recent groups of immigrants to
        not spay or neuter their cats and insist that they spend some time
        outside. Trying to be diplomatic.

        Thank you so much for the tip on Cardiostrength. I'm heading to the
        States next month and have added it to my shopping list. Hope Ruby
        likes it in her pill poppers as it is going to be difficult to just add
        it to her food with 2 other cats. Will try to get her weight down a bit
        but she is an erratic eater.

        Judith