Re: [feline-heart] Baby's Heart Murmur is Gone/a small piggyback, (Snoopy)

  • Miguel &Linda Irrgang
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2000
      My vet tells of a cat he treated who had hcm and with the atenolol relaxing
      the heart muscle the wall thicknesses decreased to a point where he had to
      use a reverse med to build it back up....he said that the treatment worked
      fine for a long time and the cat lived to move to another part of the USA
      and then they lost contact. Last night's vet visit Pum's bp was 110 and his
      heart rate was 120 when slightly agitated...so we're feeling good. Do you
      have any atenolol stories? Our real benchmark will be the ultrasound in 4
      more wks. I hope I'm not getting unrealistically optimistic.

      Good luck.