Skin problems--dermatitis

  • dshale1
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2008
      Our cat Pye has developed a few small patches of dermatitis around her
      nose and cheeks. The vet said this has nothing to do with HCM but I
      wonder is any of the meds she is on could exacerbate this? This only
      developed recently although she occasionally has had some mild feline
      acne on her chin. Could it be related to her enlarged heart? She has
      been on atenolol since May 2007, as well as CoQ10, taurine and
      carnitine. Recently enalapril, lasix and plavix were added since her
      HCM is much worse. Thanks--
      -Susan
    • Pat
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16, 2008
        Hi Susan;

        Has the forumal of the food you are feeding changed at all? What is the
        weather like in your area? There are a few thoughts that come to mind such
        as diet and atmospheric conditions affecting skin conditions, but I never
        heard of heart meds or heart condition affecting around the facial area.

        Pat and all the boys.
        http://petfoodpitfalls.blogspot.com/