Re:Newbie!

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4 1:56 AM
      Hi Emily

      I`m also in the UK. I`m sorry to hear about Master Yoda (I love the name!!)

      It sounds as if Yoda is on the right drugs for a start. I found it took
      about 4 days for the Fortekor to make a difference to energy levels, and the
      Frucimide usually works quickly. Yoda is on quite a low dose, so may need more at
      first to decrease the fluid, but your vet can advise you on that. There is
      also a second diuretic called spironolactone which can increase the efficiency
      of the Frucimide. My HCM cats have both, but you have to monitor kidney
      levels.

      If he still seems wheezy, a vet trip is in order as it sometimes takes a
      little whilse to get the right doses of drugs.

      Supplements.. I can help with this one. Cardio-S is a supplement for cats
      which contains Co Q, Taurine and Carnitine. It is available on prescription only
      from the vet and costs about £25 for a bottle of 60. It's made by
      Vetriscience and they have a phone number.

      01691 610818

      Your vet needs to order them for you. Alternatively you can import them from
      America which costs about the same with postage. Do a websearch for
      cardiostrength as it is called there. It doesn't need a prescription from the states.

      Let us know how you go on, and please ask all your questions.

      Lyn :)

    • Elegantzebra
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4 4:41 AM
        Regarding Taurine and CO Q10, 30mg - you can get them at www.iherb.com
        Buy Now Brand Taurine 500mg - powder capsules - has no taste or smell, you can put it right on their food - open capsule. Same with CoQ10, Twin Labs 30mg, 100 capsules, no taste or smell, just open capsule and put it their food.

        I have a question too - has anyone used Chinese herbs on their cats with heart issues?