Thanks to All - Simon

  • johnr6697
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
      It was the end of September I signed on here and posted questions
      about my cat, Simon's sudden illness and death 3 days later. I didn't
      visit Yahoo for a few weeks and came back to find several personal
      messages in may email box. I'd like to thank those for the kind
      messages. I hope nobody feels I ignored them.

      Losing Simon was the most difficult moment of my life to date and my
      life has not been easy. Since I chose a solitary life, he was my
      immediate family. I have had Snickers for 2 and a half years so I'm
      not totally alone.

      If I can leave with any advice, my advice for your pets is to have
      them checked so a developing condition can be caught and treated so
      your cat may have a prolonged life. Also, set aside emergency money
      in the case your pet gets ill and needs expensive treatments. $1,000
      to save is not all too much. If your not rich like me, the outlay of
      money for your pet's treatment can add to the stress you're already
      under.

      I'll be signing off this heart group since Simon is gone and 3 year
      old Snicker's ticker seems to be healthy.

      Thanks again, John
    • dehandley@cox.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
        Folks, pet care insurance is a great way to shave off stress during the difficult time of a pet's illness. I have insurance on all my guys (4) and althoug it's close to 80.00 a month, every vet visit I send in my claim and it's paid for itself already.

        I use www.petcareinsurance.com.

        I'll be thinking of Simon, we understand your grief and hollowness. I'm glad you have Snickers...
        --
        Darlene E. Handley

      • elfinmyst@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2008
          Hi

          I also have Vet insurance. I pay £130 a month for 13 cats.. Yes, it sounds a
          lot, but Milli had a vaccination sarcoma last year which had a bill of £2800
          for full treatment and it was paid directly to the hospital. I am struggling
          with the insurance payment, have too many cats at the moment!! but it is
          infinitely better than a massive bill like that.

          Insurance pays a lot of my heart scan costs as well. I have insured all the
          kittens waiting for homes because I know if I didn't, I`d have an emergency at
          4am on a Sunday morning!

          Lyn :)