Completely unexpected...

  • celt12377
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2008
      ...and more than enough to make me cry. In my mail today was an
      envelope from Cornell University, College of Veterinary Medicine,
      Feline Health Center. I opened it to find a personal, hand-signed
      letter that reads:

      "Dear Shannon,

      We learned of the loss of your cat, Merlin, through a very
      thoughtful monetary tribute made to the Cornell Feline Health Center
      by your friends at the Cat Care Hospital in your pet's memory. We are
      sorry to hear about Merlin's passing, for all of us who are involved
      with pets know how dearly they are loved and how quickly they become
      true members of the family.

      Though Merlin is gone, we hope you will be comforted through the
      knowledge and significance of this pledge, which will help the Center
      continue seeking to improve the health of cats. There certainly could
      not be a better way to preserve the memory of your beloved pet than
      this meaningful tribute.

      Sincerely,
      Donald Kirk Personius
      Office of the Director"

      Cat Care Hospital is/was Merlin's "regular" vet (not the
      cardiologist). I'm surprised, and touched. I know Dr. Baxter thought
      Merlin was a special boy, but I suspected he said that about all his
      patients.

      This has made my day.