Re: New here - introduction and questions (long) cont'd

  • Astrid Smits
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2008
      I realized that I didn't write anything about dosages of the meds, so I'd like to add them here.

      Cléo was put on:
      Furosoral (lasix) 40 mg tabs: first three days 2 dd 1/4 tab, then 2 dd 1/6 tab (= first three days 2 dd 10 mg, then 2 dd 6,67 mg)
      Atenolol 25 mg tabs: 2 dd 1/4 tab (= 2 dd 6.25 mg)
      Fortekor (benazepril hydrochloride) 2.5 mg tabs: 1 dd 1 tab (= 1 dd 2.5 mg)

      Normal dosage for those meds:
      Furosoral: 5 mg per kg bodyweight per day, which would be 14 mg per day for Cléo when weighing 2.8 kg.
      Atenolol: 6.25 - 12.5 mg per day.
      Fortekor: 0.5 - 1 mg per kg bodyweight per day, which would be 1.4 - 2.8 mg per day for Cléo when weighing 2.8 kg.

      Cléo's weight when admitted last Friday was 2.8 kg, but on Monday, when I started force feeding her, she was down to 2.6. She's back to 2.8 kg today, BTW. :o)

      The furosoral after the first three days would be pretty much normal, if you'd ask me.
      The atenolol and fortekor are on the high side, if you'd ask me.

      Thanks in advance for trying to help me understand everything, to make our li'l princess as comfortable as possible, staying alive comfortably as long as possible. Cléo's very dear to me. I shouldn't favour one cat over the others, but I definitely do when it comes to Cléo.

      Astrid