Re: [FH] Farewell to a Noble Heart

  • Gina Fayne
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2008
      I am so very sorry to hear of Merlin's passing.  Please don't think that he was alone when he left for the Bridge.  Your love and warmth were always with him.  I believe our little ones understand and feel this way better that we can ever imagine.
      Many hugs,
      Gina

      --- On Tue, 10/7I am so very sorry to hear of Merlin

      From: celt12377 <celt12377@...>
      Subject: [FH] Farewell to a Noble Heart
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 8:25 PM

      I arrived home from work today to discover that Merlin had passed
      away. It still hasn't completely hit me. When I left for work this
      morning he was happy, relaxed, purring, and had just enjoyed a
      relaxing brushing. His appetite, mood, and attitude were fine. No
      sign of any suffering or discomfort, just an ordinary day.

      He was diagnosed with HCM in June 2006. His disease progressed
      rapidly, and he outlived several predictions by his cardiologist,
      including one that he might live a couple more weeks back in late
      March after a second chest-tapping. At that time his cardiologist
      didn't understand how his heart even continued to function.

      Today it apparently coasted to a stop.

      I couldn't have asked for a much better passing for him, except for
      my one sadness that he died alone. But he died here at home, and he
      appeared not to have suffered. He apparently ate well during the
      day, and I know he knows I loved him dearly.

      He just celebrated his 10th birthday a couple weeks ago. I shall
      miss him very, very much. There are cats, then there are very
      special cats who leave large and memorable marks forever on our
      hearts. Merlin is one of those very special ones.

      Shannon

    • Vickie
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2008
        I'm so sorry shannon, that Merlin passed away.

        There are no words, just to take one day at a time.  I still have a hard
        time, and it's almost 6 mo that Baby had to be let go.  I have day, that
        I feel that I'm forgetting to give him meds.  * sigh **

        Stay strong.
        Vickie

        ISS/VAS cancer that kills cats!www.vas-awareness.org No shots in the SCRUFFwww.catshots.com
        In memory of Angel ONYX 12/27/02, Smudge 5/01/04