Re: possible clot in front paw

  • janie
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2008
      You know I lost one to a clot in the back leg. I also saw her brother
      start limpining and I knew he had this heart disease too so I freaked
      out. I happen to see him fall off the dresser and I thought he hurt
      his leg. For three days he hid and didnt want to move or eat. Then he
      got up and was fine I will tell you you can feel their legs are colder
      and you should have your vet teach you how to feel their pulse in
      their back legs. If his legs are warm my guess he has hurt himself.
      Sockster had an imune problem and I cant rember what it was and he
      limped in his front paw. They give them steroids to help it but I
      didnt know he had heart trouble then. I never gave him that again. So
      If the legs are warm and hes ok other than that ok. We did give him
      baby asprin 1/4 every 3 days. Because his sister died that way. I dont
      know how sick or old your cat is but I sure would not put a cat down
      the way your vet said he needs to read up on this. That happened to me
      in 1999 an emergency vet said I should put her to sleep or go to
      Purdue. I put her to sleep but she was freezing cold and she could not
      walk. That was 1999. This is 2008 and they CAN try to help them now.
      So hope its just a sprain. Janie