Re:Red One Update.. White Blood Cell Count 30,000 + Feeding tips reques

  • SThoyre
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2008
      Have you ruled out pancreatitis?  I'm sorry that I'm not familiar w/ Red One's situation, but when I noted the lethargy, inappetance, dehydration and very high WBC, and that you don't know yet what is causing the WBC elevation, I'd have pancreatitis on the list of rule outs.

      A high WBC can mean either inflammation or infection (or both).  Were there any neutrophils bands (aka left shift to the neuts)?  Any toxic changes to the neuts?  Both of those things would be suggestive of infection over inflammation.

      Stacey