Re: [FH] Surprise crying jag

  • Sue B
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
      Lisa,

      I understand. It's been just over 1-1/2 years since Pepper passed and I
      still have a hard time talking about her without tears making an appearance.
      These are special kitties and they have a strong hold on our hearts - and
      always will. We'll miss them until we see them again in the next life.

      Hugs!
      Sue and angels Pepper & Gandy
      with Nicholai, Lola and Isabella

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2008
        The song that does this for me is called "One More Day" by Diamond Rio. It
        talks about what one would do with one more day with the loved one they lost
        I think of my loved ones, fur and non fur, who have gone on and I lose it,
        no matter where I am when I hear the song. I was at the vets with Snowy,
        who has been pretty sick lately, and just as we pulled up that song came on,
        soI had to sit and listen to it and cry. I lost my Twink to HCM June 11,
        2007, and I could see his sweet face all during the song. So I went into
        the vets with red eyes and tear streaks.
        Thanks for sharing the lyrics to "Calling All Angels".
        Marcia, Snowy and Angel Twinkie

[...]

      • Catherine Browning
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2008
          The one that gets me is Wendy Matthews' "The day you went away". I've
          lost 3 furbabies to HCM now - Topsy just shy of her 18th birthday in
          2001, Buttons just shy of Christmas in 2005, and Patch just shy of my
          Aunt's birthday at the end of May this year. I now have Patch and
          Buttons' siblings Claude and Tuppenny, both with HCM, as well as both
          my parents and the same aunt, all living with terminal illnesses. It's
          a sad time for me right now, and Wendy Matthews just sends me right off.

          I think she may be an Aussie singer, so if you don't know her lyrics or
          the song, then links to them are below.

          YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfqusp7s5o0
          LYRICS-ONLY: http://www.wendymatthews.com.au/thedayyouwentawaylyrics.htm

          It's a song about the loss of a parent. Very poignant.

          Catherine, Topsy-Angel, Kitty, Buttons-Angel, Patch-Angel, Claude-
          Angel, Tuppenny-Angel.