Re: Surprise crying jag

  • arhw2003
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3 2:49 PM
      I am not surprised. I had to wait in a human waiting room and they had
      the animal channel on. They started putting up screens about the
      number of animals put to death each year and playing that song as
      background. I felt the tears start and I had to leave the room before
      I broke down crying. My heart goes out to you. I've lost several
      sweethearts in the last three years, including my heart's favorite dog
      and my soulmate kitty. I still cry from time to time. I don't think
      there's anything wrong with that.

      Alma

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Clarizia" <lclarizia@...>
      wrote:

      > This November will mark the three year anniversary of Baby Boy's journey
      > from this world to the next. I think of him most days, but today
      ... I was
      > caught by a surprise crying jag over him. I was at work, listening to
      > "Calling All Angels" by Jane Siberry and k.d. lang, and there is one
      part
      > that goes:
      >
      > *and every day you gaze upon the sunset
      > with such love and intensity
      > it's almost...it's almost as if
      > if you could only crack the code
      > then you'd finally understand what this all means
      > but if you could...do you think you would
      > trade in all the pain and suffering?
      > ah, but then you'd miss
      > the beauty of the light upon this earth
      > and the sweetness of the leaving *
      >
      > Baby Boy used to sit in the windows of my kitchen and living room
      all the
      > time, watching the world go by, and I have several pictures of him
      bathed in
      > the light from various seasons. The last three lines made me think
      of my
      > beautiful boy and the next thing I knew, I was in the ladies' room,
      sobbing.

      > *sigh*
      >
      > Lisa

    • Sue B
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3 3:03 PM
        Lisa,

        I understand. It's been just over 1-1/2 years since Pepper passed and I
        still have a hard time talking about her without tears making an appearance.
        These are special kitties and they have a strong hold on our hearts - and
        always will. We'll miss them until we see them again in the next life.

        Hugs!
        Sue and angels Pepper & Gandy
        with Nicholai, Lola and Isabella

        > This November will mark the three year anniversary of Baby Boy's journey
        > from this world to the next. I think of him most days, but today ... I
        > was
        > caught by a surprise crying jag over him. I was at work, listening to
        > "Calling All Angels" by Jane Siberry and k.d. lang, and there is one part
        > that goes:
        >
        > *and every day you gaze upon the sunset
        > with such love and intensity
        > it's almost...it's almost as if
        > if you could only crack the code
        > then you'd finally understand what this all means
        > but if you could...do you think you would
        > trade in all the pain and suffering?
        > ah, but then you'd miss
        > the beauty of the light upon this earth
        > and the sweetness of the leaving *
        >
        > Baby Boy used to sit in the windows of my kitchen and living room all the
        > time, watching the world go by, and I have several pictures of him bathed
        > in
        > the light from various seasons. The last three lines made me think of my
        > beautiful boy and the next thing I knew, I was in the ladies' room,
        > sobbing.
        >
        > *sigh*
        >
        > Lisa

      • Marcia
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5 4:30 PM
          The song that does this for me is called "One More Day" by Diamond Rio. It
          talks about what one would do with one more day with the loved one they lost
          I think of my loved ones, fur and non fur, who have gone on and I lose it,
          no matter where I am when I hear the song. I was at the vets with Snowy,
          who has been pretty sick lately, and just as we pulled up that song came on,
          soI had to sit and listen to it and cry. I lost my Twink to HCM June 11,
          2007, and I could see his sweet face all during the song. So I went into
          the vets with red eyes and tear streaks.
          Thanks for sharing the lyrics to "Calling All Angels".
          Marcia, Snowy and Angel Twinkie

[...]

        • Catherine Browning
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 8 5:35 AM
            The one that gets me is Wendy Matthews' "The day you went away". I've
            lost 3 furbabies to HCM now - Topsy just shy of her 18th birthday in
            2001, Buttons just shy of Christmas in 2005, and Patch just shy of my
            Aunt's birthday at the end of May this year. I now have Patch and
            Buttons' siblings Claude and Tuppenny, both with HCM, as well as both
            my parents and the same aunt, all living with terminal illnesses. It's
            a sad time for me right now, and Wendy Matthews just sends me right off.

            I think she may be an Aussie singer, so if you don't know her lyrics or
            the song, then links to them are below.

            YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfqusp7s5o0
            LYRICS-ONLY: http://www.wendymatthews.com.au/thedayyouwentawaylyrics.htm

            It's a song about the loss of a parent. Very poignant.

            Catherine, Topsy-Angel, Kitty, Buttons-Angel, Patch-Angel, Claude-
            Angel, Tuppenny-Angel.