Otis

  • Jean Martin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
      Otis, our black maybe-12-year-old cat, has been doing very well. I
      posted about him two years ago. He was diagnosed with dilated
      cardiomyopathy on the basis on an X-ray. Since then he has been on
      lanoxin pediatric elixir (digoxin) and benazepril.

      His vet is not sure about the lanoxin and if this is really helping
      Otis. His previous vet had prescribed it, so we just kept him on it.
      He's been on it for two years.

      Has anyone else got experience with digoxin? How did thing so?

      Also it has been recommended that Otis get an ultrasound to confirm
      the diagnosis. It costs about $600 here. I wonder what you pay in the US.

      Jean Martin
      Lantzville BC
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
        hi Jean,

        We had an ultrasound done by the cardiologist on Snowball last year,
        October 2007, and it was $580, I'm sure they're charging more now. We
        just had an abdominal ultrasound done on our Misty yesterday and that
        one was $420. The cardiologist always charges more.

        Carol and Snowball and the gang