Anyone use Nattokinase for clotting?

  • waterglow12
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2008
      My kitty didn't take well to Plavix. Has anyone had experience with
      Nattokinase for clotting? I'm nervous to try aspirin with all the side
      effects/cautions in cats.

      Thanks!
    • Catherine Browning
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "waterglow12" <waterglow12@...>
        wrote:

        > My kitty didn't take well to Plavix. Has anyone had experience with
        > Nattokinase for clotting? I'm nervous to try aspirin with all the
        side
        > effects/cautions in cats.
        >
        > Thanks!

        I had five furbabies - Kitty (a stray) and her 4 HCM children.
        Buttons (firstborn) passed in 2005, and Patch (second born) passed on
        May 30th, both due to complications from saddle thrombosis.

        I've put Claude (third born) and Tuppenny (fourth born) on
        Nattokinase, since clots seem to be what these siblings are most
        prone to developing. They've been on it since the beginning of June
        08 - 50mg for Tuppenny (smaller build), and 75mg for Claude. I'm
        using "Doctor's Best" sprinkled into their wet food, as it's the most
        readily available in Australia that doesn't have Vitamin K (this is
        important, the not-having-Vitamin-K).

        It's hard to know if it's working. It has made their fur much
        softer, which apparently is a side effect, so it's doing SOMETHING!
        All I know is that between June and now *touch wood*, they haven't
        thrown clots yet, and are otherwise full of life. I don't know
        whether they would have thrown clots without the Natto, so I don't
        KNOW that it's saving their lives, but Claude and Patch were at very
        similar stages in their disease, and *touch wood again* Claude is
        still with us.

        Hope something in the above might help!

        Catie, Topsy-Angel, Kitty, Buttons-Angel, Patch-Angel, Claude and
        Tuppenny.
      • lorkatz2004
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
          ---

          I have been using Nattokinase 50mg per day for the last 5 years for
          Jinx and he has never thrown a clot. With HOCM he is at high risk
          since he was a kitten.......but on natto he has never had a problem.

          On the feline health group, several people are using natto for cats
          that have had strokes........and for the ones who used it, they had
          great results. No more clots and a normal life span.

          Good luck
          Cathy