Re: [FH] Re: Fw: [crf-info] update on tember

  • water glow
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2008
      The Reglan can have an adverse effect in cats so monitor the behavior carefully. Owners have reported their cats acting 'crazy' while on this.

      http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/metoclo_wcp.htm#P

      "Because metoclopramide produces a transient increase in plasma aldosterone, certain patients, especially those with cirrhosis or congestive heart failure, may be at risk of developing fluid retention and volume overload. If these side effects occur at any time during metoclopramide therapy, the drug should be discontinued."

      I'm not familiar with all of the meds you are giving your cat. My advice is keep up on your research with different drug interactions because vets don't know everything, they are not pharmacists. Keep in mind cats react differently than humans to medication, often times being more sensitive. It is a balancing act with heart and kidneys, one I am trying to learn myself.

      I've seen raw food diets help cats out where kibble didn't.

      Sending good thoughts your way to you and tember....

      Annette's email got all gobbley gook, so I edited it for her. If you
      reply to it, please reply to the group so she can see the responses.
      If you reply to the individual it'll come back to me.

      Carol and Snowball and the gang

      --- In feline-heart@ yahoogroups. com, annette burton <meaniebie@. ..>
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2008
        Dear Annette,
        Tember's condition sounds complicated.
        I think you are doing a great job of caring for her.
        I am sending lots of strength filled and compassionate thoughts to you
        and Tember.
        Karen

        ......clipped.....