Re: [FH] Mellie - urgent question

  • Bettina Schmolla
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hi Carol,

      > It is 10:30am here and Mellie has an appt for a blood pressure check at
      > 11:30. When I was getting her to give her her morning atenolol, on the
      > floor next to her was last night's dose!
      >
      > Should I postpone the bp check to tomorrow? I'm concerned that the
      > missed dose will screw up the reading.....

      According to a friend, who must take atenolol herself, it lowers the blood
      pressure very fast. If my friend forgets to take her atenolol she feels
      her heart speed up within 30 - 60 minutes after she should have taken it,
      and as soon as the takes it, she feels the lowering of the blood pressure
      normally within 30 minutes.

      Therefore, if your Mellie's heart behaves like my friend's, the actual
      dosage of today should be the one that will influence her blood pressure
      in an hour. - But of course then, Mellie's heart needn't behave like my
      friend's ...

      Greetings
      Bettina and cats