Re:HCM with hyperthyroidism

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hello Dee

      I am sorry to hear of Nicki's problems. My cat, Arnold, was diagnosed with
      hyper thyroid at around 14 and he had the operation to remove half of it.
      Unfortunately he did suffer a stroke after surgery, but he did mostly recover.
      Two years later the other side of th thyroid went and hewent onto a drug called
      Felimazole. He died of a tumour about a month ago, aged 19! And the
      Felimazole controlled him all the way through.

      I think you need to get on top of the thyroid immediately, either with drugs
      or surgery (which is always risky). HCM can be secondary to thyroid
      problems, so controlling that might help the heart.

      Good luck

      Lyn :)

      www.furkids-uk.com