Re:Rudy / Spironolactone

  • nala nala
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27 8:27 AM
      spironolactone is a potassium sparing diuretic which has
      other effects on heart patients unrelated to the diuresis effect.

      When my cat took an ACE-inhibitor and spironolactone, we
      dropped the potassium supplement. Only bloodwork will show
      whether the potassium level is too high. Too high of a potassium
      level (hyperkalemia) can lead to very slow heart rate and
      heart arrhythmia.

      Thinking of you and Rudy.

      Nala