Rudy / update / your thoughts?

  • leohorse1
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2008
      All: I brought Rudy home from the hospital on Sunday. He had been
      breathing bad again and they found that now there is something wrong
      with the right side of his heart. Breathing is now much better. He
      is very lathargic but not really sick. He is eating and moves
      around some and talks some...just not himself. I am hoping it is
      just taking him awhile to get used to the change in meds...what do
      you think? Below is what he is on now:

      Tapezol-3/4 tab morning, 1/2 tab evening (same as before)
      Lacix-1 pill three times a day (was only 1 pill twice a day before)
      Enalapril-1 pill morning, 1 pill evening (was only 1/2 pill per day)
      Spironolactone-1/4 pill morning, 1/4 pill evening (this is brand new)
      Tumik K-1/2 pill morning, 1/2 pill evening (same as before)
      Plavix-1/4 pill daily (same as before)
      Cisapride-.6ml per day (same as before)
      Lactulose-2cc per day (same as before)
      Pepcid-1/4 tablet per day (same as before)

      The instructions to up the diuretics and the Enalapril came from the
      cardiologist. We see the internal med doc for a follow-up a week
      from tomorrow. At last check his kidney values were only slightly
      elevated.

      Please give you your thoughts. The vet said he probably only has a
      few months left. I would sure like to see him be a little more
      active and enjoy what time he has left. Since he isn't feeling
      sick, just "slow" and lathargic, do you think it is just his body
      trying to get used to the increase in meds? he doesn't seem to be
      dehydrated, at least not yet.

      Thank you so much.

      Denise & "Rudy"