Missy

  • lirabyrd
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2008
      I am new to this group. We rescued this kitten about 10 months ago and
      just found out last friday that she has HCM after I had to rush her to
      the vet with breathing difficulties. Missy just turned a year old.

      She is on Lasix right now. we chose not to start her on the Diltiazem
      until she has her echocardiogram on August 12.

      She is breathing fine right now. Should I be worried about her not
      being on the Diltiazem? The vet said it was our option to wait to
      start it as it may affect the cardiogram readings. We chose to wait.

      HCM is totally new to me. I have a much older cat (Blaze age 16) who
      is in very early stage CRF and I am used to dealing with the kidney
      problems. My vet did say that the renal food Blaze is on is the best
      stuff for Missy to be on for her heart. I'm feeding Royal Canin Renal
      LP wet and dry.
    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2008
        Hello

        Welcome to the group. I also have a young kitten with HCM and my baby is
        stabilised on the drugs they take. I waited for the ultrasound in all cases, so
        the cardiologist could decide what was best. Different types of CM need
        different treatment.

        However, if Missy has symptoms, then she might need medications straight
        away. I would be happy giving a diuretic if there was evidence of fluid on the
        lungs.

        Lyn :)

        www.furkids-uk.com