- I am new to this group. We rescued this kitten about 10 months ago and
just found out last friday that she has HCM after I had to rush her to
the vet with breathing difficulties. Missy just turned a year old.
She is on Lasix right now. we chose not to start her on the Diltiazem
until she has her echocardiogram on August 12.
She is breathing fine right now. Should I be worried about her not
being on the Diltiazem? The vet said it was our option to wait to
start it as it may affect the cardiogram readings. We chose to wait.
HCM is totally new to me. I have a much older cat (Blaze age 16) who
is in very early stage CRF and I am used to dealing with the kidney
problems. My vet did say that the renal food Blaze is on is the best
stuff for Missy to be on for her heart. I'm feeding Royal Canin Renal
LP wet and dry.
Welcome to the group. I also have a young kitten with HCM and my baby is
stabilised on the drugs they take. I waited for the ultrasound in all cases, so
the cardiologist could decide what was best. Different types of CM need
However, if Missy has symptoms, then she might need medications straight
away. I would be happy giving a diuretic if there was evidence of fluid on the
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]