Feeding pork loin

  • jamander33
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hi there, we are at the point where we are going to try a diet change
      again, since he is just not responding well to the lamb IVD. He is
      still itchy and somewhat lethargic. So, we have been consulting with a
      holistic vet and she has recommended pork (since we do not think he
      has ever been exposed to it). She said to get some pork loin and cook
      it initially (maybe raw later) and go ahead and add to his lamb IVD,
      about 25% pork, 75% lamb. We have cooked it in the oven - it is juicy
      and he is really attracted to it (I already tried a tiny piece and he
      is begging for more). Is a pork loin a fairly safe way to go? I bought
      in the freezer section (resembles a log of meat). It claims to be
      lean. We cooked it without any salt or seasonings, just plain. We will
      supplement it when we can see that it will agree with his system. I
      have been told that pork in general is a fairly lean meat. Is there
      anything I should know about how to cook it? We cooked on broil. We
      can buy more and cook another way if we are getting rid of too much of
      the good stuff. I know that raw is better - but have to work our way
      too that. Do we need to add any rice or anything like that? Our
      holistic vet says no, but want to see what you all think too. Thank
      you, Amanda and Griffin