Update on Scooter - heart and lung problems

  • diane
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2008
      I just brought him home. While he seemed fine at the vet and in the
      carrier, he still looks uncomfortable and even weaker than he was.

      He has no interest in food at the moment. He was stretched out flay
      lying down again when I first got him, but at least he's not as bad
      now. He is getting up and walking but not very far before he lies
      down again.

      The fluid in his lungs was heart related. He has an arrhythmia but
      she is not hearing a murmur.

      His heart cannot be seen on the xrays, even after the chest tap.

      His lung damage may or may not have been caused years ago by the
      bronchitis or whatever it was that gave him a cough when he was
      younger.

      Or it could be tumors. How do you tell other than opening him up?

      And we can't tell the exact issue with his heart, other than it
      somehow already put fluid into his lungs, without an ultrasound.

      And the bottom line is that I have a cat here who will not eat or
      take a treat, so how can I pill him? In addition, I can't even count
      on finding him twice a day in order to pill him.

      I just went back to check on him and he is back in the basement
      stretched out and breathing hard. :( I should probably just leave
      him alone for awhile. <sigh>

      Diane