Tuffy Thank You

  • Pat Hoskins
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2001
      Hello friends,

      I would like to thank every one that has sent us their condolences.
      I appreciate it more than words can express. So many people and
      kitties have entered my life since first joining the list. Every
      one has touched my heart, and that is a hard thing to do under
      normal circumstances.

      I brought her home on Monday morning and buried her. She is out
      in the back yard where I can look out the window and see her. Tuffy
      had a strong will most of her life and it was very hard for her to
      defer to us when she became so sick. But she sucked it up and went
      forward. She had many health problems and I was fortunate to be in
      a position to stay home with her and give all of my attention. She
      was the Queen of our house and everyone is suffering her loss. Our
      son who is 22 has the hardest road to go now. From the time Tuffy
      was a 4 week old skinny baby she has slept with him. Even during
      her bad times when she couldn't make it to the box, and used his
      bed instead. Even when she smelled so bad and looked terrible. She
      had a safe haven within his arms. He never pilled her forced her
      to eat or did anything but take her love unconditionally.

      I made the right decision to let her go on Monday. I wonder now if
      I waited too long. In the last days she seemed to be in pain. I
      don't think she was earlier on but I'll never know. We were so
      lucky to have her in our lives. She is now with Missy her sister
      that we lost 5 years earlier to cancer.

      I have learned so much from everyone here. When I first arrived I
      was so ignorant about HCM. I learned quickly and steadily from the
      first day. I learned to be aggressive in the care for all of our
      pets still with us. It sure was a rude awakening for our vets. We
      had rough times trying to find the best care for Tuffy, but we were
      lucky and hit upon the right mix, a good IM and a caring primary vet.

      I will stay on the list because I couldn't imagine leaving all of
      the wonderful friend I have made here. Even though I have been
      for a long time. Tuffy took all of my energy.
      Again, I appreciate everything everyone has done for us.

      Pat, Guy (HCM,IBD,Hepatitis) & Angel Tuffy
      W.College Corner Indiana
    • Mike & Linda Irrgang
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2001
        dear Pat,

        i know that tuffy is at the bridge enjoying her time with all our
        angels....you and yours are left to bear the burden of pain and loss....i
        know that you will find comfort knowing that tuffy is happy and
        painfree.....you will be in our thoughts and prayers...i will say a special
        something to our angels bear cat, bigger, sillie,to be extra welcoming to
        tuffy...

        linda and the boys

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2001
          Dear PAt,
          How very loving you are. In this time of pain for you to realize the
          loss that your son is feeling too. Giving the gift of releasing our
          babies to Heaven is such a hard thing to give. But you did it. The
          kind and loving thing to do. And oh so hard.
          You did good.
          Lynna