RE: [feline-heart] Help, need medication experiences

  • Mike & Linda Irrgang
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2001
      it's sthe kidneys that you have to watch....we did a bun check after 9 wks
      and the bun was slightly elevated but the cardio vet was elated that pum was
      managing it ok....then somone here said that yoyu have to ck the creatinine
      also and really do a full renal profile to know what's going on and so i did
      it and was devastated at the results...the creat was up, sodium too, and
      guess what his bun was lower than previous test....so if i had onlyl done
      the bun ck the vet wouldl've said" great results" and looking back i saw the
      signs sthat pum was not ok and yet i put my trust in the vet's
      guidance....well, like you know sthat you have to just keep on top of
      doctors all the time....so now, we have discountinued the enelapril and are
      continueing with only the atenolol and cq10....

      linda

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2001
        i think the other option is diltiazem but i'm sure that has side effect
        potential as well...anyone have any experience of side effects from
        diltiazem???

        linda