Happy Birthday, Bandit

  • Sandy Breeden
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4 5:42 AM
      Hi everyone:

      I know I very seldom contribute to this group and I must admit that I don't read all of the posts as I basically don't have the time and get so many emails.

      Be that as it may, some of you may still remember us. Bandit is a Ragdoll and was a top show cat until he was diagnosed at 22 months of age with HCM and a level 5 heart murmur; two days after his diagnosis he threw a blood clot and was paralyzed. At that time euthanasia was mentioned but I couldn't do it. Within 24 hours the clot broke up but he was paralyzed long enough for his hind legs to atrophy. It took months for me to get him to start eating regularly but we made it. Now he is thin but still going strong. He is my soulmate and the love of my life. I have numerous other cats but Bandit has a part of my heart no one else can touch.

      Anyway, the US is celebrating with Bandit today. Today is Bandit's 7th birthday and they'll have fireworks just for him. If anyone would have told me 5 years ago that Bandit would still be with me, I would have said they were crazy. The diagnosis he was given before he threw the clot was only 3-5 years. Shows what the docs know.

      My whole crew will be celebrating this special day, and we just wanted to share the good news.

      Don't anyone EVER give up on your baby. If there is a chance they will live longer, go for it. I was determined and, fortunately, Bandit is a strong willed cat. He still fights me morning and night when I give him his meds. We made it this far and each day he is with me is a blessing from God. Love your cats with every ounce of your being. Love truly does work wonders. I'm a firm believer of that.

      Anyway, Happy Birthday, Bandit, my big handsome boy. We hope you have many, many more. You are my miracle boy.

      Sandy

    • Carol
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4 6:56 AM
        Hi Sandy and Bandit!

        What a wonderful thing to read how he's beat the odds so far!

        A very, very Happy Birthday, Bandit!

        hugs,
        Carol and Snowball and the gang
      • moonpye
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4 10:49 AM
          Hi Sandy and Bandit,

          Happy 7th Birthday Bandit!! :) We wish you many, many more!!

          Enjoy your very special day and thank you for sharing it with us!

          Purrs,
          Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar ^..^