RE: [feline-heart] Kassy: Some Results In, T4 Very Low

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001

      We'll be adding our prayers to yours, also.

      --
      JR
      Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Jet
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2001
        Laura:

        Hope you get to the bottom of Kassy's weight loss.

        Could it possibly be from a loss of muscle tone? It's very common in old
        cats. Pongo had what was termed "mild dorsal wasting" -- his shoulders got
        scrawny -- and a small dose of anabolic steroid a couple of times a week
        really helped.

        Phoebe's free T4 has always been higher than her regular T4.

        Also, after Pongo died, she lost a lot of weight and the vet lowered her
        Tapazole dose. She regained the lost weight very quickly.

        She just had another T4 yesterday, and we're getting the results back on
        Monday. Also on Monday, she gets a new brother.

        --Melinda
      • Mike & Linda Irrgang
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2001
          we are thinking of you and kassy and keeping her in our thoughts and prayers
          (raised catholic, married protestant, practicing buddhist..sorta)...

          linda and the boys

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2001
            Dear Laura,
            my prayers for Kassy continue.
            Congratulations on your adoption of your new baby. How wonderful!
            Love, Voula.
          • Laura Penny
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2001
              Linda wrote:

              >we are thinking of you and kassy and keeping her in our thoughts and
              prayers
              >(raised catholic, married protestant, practicing buddhist..sorta)...

              Thanks, Linda. I'm thinking of you and Pum, too, and I was touched deeply by
              the note you wrote about "feeling down." You are right about taking a deep
              look into one's own heart.

              We *will* be bringing a Buddhist into our family! We are in the process of
              adopting a baby from Cambodia. If we ever get our hot tub fixed and pass the
              housing inspection, she should arrive in late fall.

              Andrew is going to pick her up. I can't leave the cats (or the kids). I just
              hope there are no cat crises while he is on the other side of the world!

              Take care.

              Laura