Re; Seymour

  • hanneloretepper
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hi
      I remember you from last month. I am glad your kitty is ok,My Emily
      was just diagnosed with Mild Nlarged Heart also. The cardiologist also
      said no meds but I have her on Enalipril because she needs it for her
      lungs to breath better. Long story. Just wat ch your kitty and monotor
      her breathing. Normal is 25-30 breaths a min . I think.
      Lori
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2008
        A respiration rate of 25 to 30 is okay, but even better is about 16 to
        24. When you get into 28 to 32, that's still okay, but anything
        really above 30 is considered fast. Anything above 40 is labored and
        cause for concern. To take your cat's respiration rate, count how
        many breaths your cat takes within a 15 second period and then
        multiply by 4. Count the rise and fall as 1 breath.

        Carol and Snowball and the gang

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "hanneloretepper"