Rudy is back in the hospital

  • leohorse1
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
      My Rudy is back in the hospital. He was doing well, they had
      decreased the lasix. Trying to get the thyroid stablized. Kidney
      values went up just slightly. He was eating good, just had his first
      appointment with the Internal med doc yesterday and she was pleased.
      This morning he was happy, purring, talking...and this afternoon
      starting breathing hard again. I took him to the emergency and they
      said he was starting to get fluid again. labs showed kidney values
      actually back to normal. so, increasing the lasix gives bad kidney
      values, decreasing it gives him fluid. I know you all know exactly
      what I am talking about. They said they would release him to come
      home tonight but they recommended leaving him. When I left he was in
      an oxygen container, meowing and trying to get out to come home with
      me. I feel so bad that I left him there, the stress must be awful for
      him. I just remember his little face when I left. This is so hard,
      I'm just not sure he will pull through this. Is this how it goes
      until you get them stablized? Is there hope? Thank you for
      listening. Denise & "Rudy"
    • toomany_kittys
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
        Denise,
        How is Rudy today? Sending healing thoughts.
        Please keep us posted.
        El
      • leohorse1
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 22, 2008
          Rudy is back in the hospital. I knew he wasn't breathing right but
          xrays and ultraound on Wednesday showed little fluid at all.
          Cardiologist came back today and said the right side of his heart is
          not funtioning quite right now and he is getting fluid in one lung. I
          don't understand how this could happen almost overnight and how they
          could hvae missed it on Wednesday. he is dehydrated, also, but they
          won't let him have any additional fluids other than what he can
          drink. they have him in an oxygen cage with more lacix goign into him
          and also something else that starts with an "s". They are also going
          to double his enalapril. I am over 1.5 hours from the clinic. I am
          just ill at having to put him back in there, I'm just afraid he is not
          goign to make it. I was hoping we could balance the heart problems
          and the kidney problems but as of right now, I have little hope. Does
          anyone have any suggestions or positive thoughts for my little guy?
          THank you for listening.

          Denise & "Rudy"
        • rochesterandme
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 22, 2008
            I'm sure it is horrible having to leave him, but, being in the oxygen
            should help him be more comfortable, and, you'll see him in the
            morning.

            Keep a good thought. We'll keep good thoughts for Rudy here too.

            Christine and Sullivan

            --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "leohorse1" <denise.ross@...>