Hi Dawn

  • hanneloretepper
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008
      Wow he is 20 . Wonderful for him. Why are you not treating the
      hyperthyroid?
      My kitty who is 17 has been hyperthyroid for a number of yrs. She was
      diagnosed a couple weeks ago for mild enlarged heart.
      No Lasix . I cant give her subqs right now because she would fill up
      with fluids in her cavity space. The heart cant pump it through her
      system. She is on 1.25mg enalipril. I am going up to the dose they
      want her on soon which is 2,5mg a day. Her thyroid was up so we up the
      meds for that. Usually a hyperthyroid cat will get a enlarged heart if
      the thyroid is not controlled I think.
      Is your cats thyroid level OK right now. I wonder because it has to be
      controlled at a certain level. Do you know his level?
      Lori