official diagnosis today

  • dawnowens60610
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008
      Hi Everyone,

      Brandy and I (Dawn) are new to the group. Brandy was just diagnosed
      today with Unclassifiable Cardiomyopathy. Vet thinks it might be
      partially related to this thyroid issues but doesn't think it explains
      everything. We're also not treating the thyroid now since the kidney
      values are low and he thinks that will push him over the edge. He has
      a heart beat that goes bump bump bump instead of bump bump (if that
      makes sense), has a clearly enlarged heart with a enlarged left
      ventricle and this is in addition to his anemia (taking epogen) & CRF
      (curently we're trying him on 25CC 2x a day every other day). The vet
      prescribed Enalapril which he said would be the least problematic on
      all his issues starting with 1/4 tab 2x a day. He also said i could go
      ahead and give co-enzyme q-10 because it wouldn't hurt but he didn't
      expect it to help.

      I of course am shell shocked but want to do what's best for my baby
      boy (who turned 20 in february). Does anyone have any other
      recommendations for anything i can do to help support his heart in
      addition to the enalapril & Q-10 or any advice in general. The last
      time i went through this was with another cat about 4 years ago and
      the treatment was different...they gave him 125 cc fluids every other
      day, lasix, thyroid and some other heart med that i can't remember.

      thanks
      dawn