Re: [feline-heart] I need help you guys

  • Cynthia Rausch
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
      fredsus1@... wrote:
      I introduced myself the other day, my Jerkie has crf and now we think
      cardiomyopathy. He was put on enacard (enalapril) and I wrote to the
      list to see if I should be watching for any side-effects, intolerance
      of the drug.

      I am still confused about all of this. I induced this because of
      excess subq's for his crf which I feel very guilty and bad about. He
      has been on enacard since Saturday and I need to know what to watch
      for if he is tolerating it or not.

      Please cc me as I am on digest. Sorry, I didn't get any replies to my
      introduction and am feeling rather lost :(

      Susie and the Bums (Goofey, Jerkie, Cakie and Libby)
      Snohomish, Wa

      Dear Susie,

      Fluids do not cause this disease, its just once your kitty has this
      disease, fluids can make it worse.

      There had to have been heart problems to begin with, did your vet
      every check for high blood pressure or murmurs?

      Has Jerkie ever had an ultrasound down? The problem is with the
      vets not finding out first whether or not our kitty's have heart problems
      before giving fluids.

      There are many causes of heart problem. You need to find out what
      the heart problem is and treat it, fluids will most certainly make things
      worse but they do not cause the disease in it self.

      Cynthia, Taffy, Samuel