Re: [FH] Nattozyme or Nattokinase- please help

  • savionna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2008
      Hi Elin,

      In a message dated 6/26/08 3:44:48 PM, elinlangholm@... writes:

      > I have been giving my cat Nattokinase for the last 3 months, and it
      > seems to be working well.
      > I live in Norway, and I havent been able to get ahold of anything else
      > than the 100 mg capsules with powder in it. And its becoming
      > impossible to give this to my cat. Right now he has a periode where he
      > only wants dry food, no treats, fish, canned food- nothing. So I am
      > really struggling with finding a way to give him the Natto....
      >
      > I need to find somewhere to buy pills, so I can only pill him (50mg?).

      Forgive me if I'm not understanding...but you want to give your cat 50mg and
      the only product available is 100mg, right?

      If yes, can you get empty gelcaps in a small cat size (like #2 or #3)? In the
      US, these are available in some pharmacies and health-food stores, also
      online. If you can get them, you can transfer the dose you want into the empty
      capsule and pill with that...being sure afterwards to give a food treat or syringe
      of water so that the pill does not get stuck in the esophagus.

      These are links for empty gelcaps, so you can see sizes. (I'm not suggesting
      you buy them from these sources...it's just for information.)

      1. http://members.verizon.net/%7Evze2r6qt/supplies/gelcaps.htm

      2. http://www.torpac.com/Reference/unlinked_size_chart.htm

      > Does anyone have a link?
      > I have found one store here that has the Nattoenzym:
      > http://www.usimport.org/theproducts.cfm?cat=6&master=8319&owner=703
      > Could you please take a look, and see if this is the right kind?
      >
      > I am also confused about wether to give Nattokinase or Nattozyme?

      Nattozyme is the product name for the nattokinase offered by Nutricology (a
      supplement company). // Rosemary