Griffin's ultrasound results

  • jamander33
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2008
      Hi there, we are on a little different subject other than heart, but
      thought I would post his kidney ultrasound results since so many
      here have been helping me. The findings are that the kidneys look
      really good, perfect size, no stones, so on and so on. The pancreas
      looks fine, normal shape, no inflammation and the liver looks great.
      The only thing she find a tad bit unusual was that there was a very
      small amount of fluid in his belly. She said could be that he is
      such a stresser at the vet, that he could have himself that worked
      up. However, she said to watch him for vomiting and if he begins
      that and does so more than just an isolated case, then she needs to
      know. She is a good internal med doc, but very quick. I got in most
      of my questions, but she was running way behind so I did not get to
      ask her in more detail about the fluid. Can someone explain this to
      me? What could this be? What are the implications here? What does
      the vomiting mean in the midst of it all? I did tell her that he
      vomited Tues a small amount of clear liquid with just a tiny bit of
      hair in it. She said that is not enough to worry her yet based on
      the ultrasound? She did take an x-ray of his lungs and they were
      completely clear. The good news (if I can call it that) is she
      thinks that he is not in renal failure at this point. But, I don't
      really understand the fluid and what to expect, what to look for,
      etc... Thank you, Amanda and Griffin
    • savionna@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2008
        Hi Amanda,

        In a message dated 6/20/08 3:09:47 PM, justinamanda@... writes:

        > The findings are that the kidneys look
        > really good, perfect size, no stones, so on and so on. The pancreas
        > looks fine, normal shape, no inflammation and the liver looks great.

        This is all very positive. What did she say (or what do the findings show)
        about the intestines?

        > The only thing she find a tad bit unusual was that there was a very
        > small amount of fluid in his belly. She said could be that he is
        > such a stresser at the vet, that he could have himself that worked
        > up. However, she said to watch him for vomiting and if he begins
        > that and does so more than just an isolated case, then she needs to
        > know. She is a good internal med doc, but very quick. I got in most
        > of my questions, but she was running way behind so I did not get to
        > ask her in more detail about the fluid.

        Can you ask your regular vet for more information (she should have gotten a
        copy of the findings...you should have, too).

        > Can someone explain this to me?

        I can't, I'm sorry.

        > She did take an x-ray of his lungs and they were
        > completely clear. The good news (if I can call it that) is she
        > thinks that he is not in renal failure at this point.

        Also positive.

        > But, I don't
        > really understand the fluid and what to expect, what to look for,
        > etc...

        My sense is, in the absence of any frank disease, that Griffin is reacting to
        food, which is where you started. I think it's good that you've ruled out big
        problems with the pictures and got a second opinion. // Rosemary