Re: [feline-heart] Re: taurine

  • Anyes Moscrip
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
      Carole wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I've just emailed to see if they will ship tothe UK. Fingers and paws crossed. They say Taurine is very bitter so no wonder Sam wouldn't eat it!! Thanks so much, Carole and Sam

      The powder is tasteless... yes, I have tried it! LOL The liquid may be bitter, but I would use the powder if you can find it.
      Otherwise, put the liquid in gelcaps like I did with the petinic (palatable NOT)

      Anyes, Angelica, angels Lucie and Georgina
    • Barbie
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 26, 2010
        Oh okay I knew I had seen that ingredient somewhere
        just couldn't piece it together.  Hope your baby gets
        better and back to her normal eating habits.  Diet
        can really wreak havoc when changed and sometimes
        it can make things better.  So I know
        what you are going through.

        Barbie

        see in them what I am".

        Gustav Klimt

        ________________________________
        Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:52:53 -0700
        From: barbie_guitard@...
        To: casaobelisco@...

        I know someone had mentioned taurine to me a few
        days ago.  Is this a herbal type supplement?  Does
        it have to be prescribed by doc.  Is it safe with all
        the meds cats are given for HCM?  What are the benefits?
        What does it do for kitty?  Has it been tested and proven?

        Barbie

        see in them what I am".

        Gustav Klimt

        ________________________________
        From: wsolem3@...
        Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:12:31 -0700
        Subject: [FH] Re:

        Hi Barbi,

        I am new to the group but am quickly becoming an old hand with medications for
        the heart.

        My cat Tino was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure and is on all
        kinds of medications.

        Plavix seemed to have a terrible taste and he would foam at the mouth if it
        didn't go straight down.

        The Dr then put him on one baby aspirin every 3 days. (In addition he takes
        enanapril and lasix 2 times daily)

        I found that I got quite a bit of help with these meds with a company called
        "Greenies" They make a product called "pill pockets".

        They may or may not work but would definitely be worth a try.
        Tino actually begs for them even though meds are hidden inside.
        Chicken is his favorite. I also found the aspirin I used is low dose adult.
        That means that while its the dame dosage as baby aspirin, it is not flavored
        and has a protective coating so no bad taste.

        Hopefully this helps. Definitely worth a try!
        Good luck!

        Wendy "Tino" and "Josy"