Kassy Needs Good Thoughts; I'm Discouraged

  • Laura Penny
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 2:45 PM
      Once again Kassy has lost more weight. She is 17 and has very stable HCM,
      early CRF, and thyroid levels that have been consistently high despite
      increases in Tapazole. (She's up to 5 mg/day.) Even a free T4 of 49 makes
      her lose a pound.

      She is down to 8 pounds, 9 ounces. Before Christmas she was 9 pounds, 3
      ounces.

      She's eating like a pig, pacing at night for hours at a time, and meowing
      loudly. Her fur looks spiky, but she's not dehydrated. Besides her
      arthritis, she looks normal in every respect. No vomiting, diarrhea,
      sluggishness, or other bad signs.

      The vet said it's probably her thyroid becoming even more hyperactive or a
      problem with absorption of the meds. So we need prayers once again that her
      thyroid really IS the problem (not something worse) and that it can be
      controlled.

      I'll get T4, creatinine, and BUN results tomorrow, and free T4 by next
      Tuesday.

      Thanks.

      Laura