Re: [feline-heart] I need help you guys

  • diane
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
      Hi,

      I can't see where subq's caused the heart problem. I'd suspect Jerkie had a
      slight heart condition that no one caught and the fluids just made it more
      apparent.

      The only side affect of enacard that I know of from Kearra was the
      possibility of it affecting the kidneys. We had Kearra tested one month
      after she started it and there was no change in her levels. She was on a
      half dosage.

      She showed no ill-affects of the medicine at all.

      Diane

      At 04:48 PM 8/1/2001 +0000, you wrote:
      >I introduced myself the other day, my Jerkie has crf and now we think
      >cardiomyopathy. He was put on enacard (enalapril) and I wrote to the
      >list to see if I should be watching for any side-effects, intolerance
      >of the drug.
      >
      >I am still confused about all of this. I induced this because of
      >excess subq's for his crf which I feel very guilty and bad about. He
      >has been on enacard since Saturday and I need to know what to watch
      >for if he is tolerating it or not.
      >
      >Please cc me as I am on digest. Sorry, I didn't get any replies to my
      >introduction and am feeling rather lost :(
      >
      >Susie and the Bums (Goofey, Jerkie, Cakie and Libby)
      >Snohomish, Wa

    • Cynthia Rausch
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
        fredsus1@... wrote:
        I introduced myself the other day, my Jerkie has crf and now we think
        cardiomyopathy. He was put on enacard (enalapril) and I wrote to the
        list to see if I should be watching for any side-effects, intolerance
        of the drug.

        I am still confused about all of this. I induced this because of
        excess subq's for his crf which I feel very guilty and bad about. He
        has been on enacard since Saturday and I need to know what to watch
        for if he is tolerating it or not.

        Please cc me as I am on digest. Sorry, I didn't get any replies to my
        introduction and am feeling rather lost :(

        Susie and the Bums (Goofey, Jerkie, Cakie and Libby)
        Snohomish, Wa

        Dear Susie,

        Fluids do not cause this disease, its just once your kitty has this
        disease, fluids can make it worse.

        There had to have been heart problems to begin with, did your vet
        every check for high blood pressure or murmurs?

        Has Jerkie ever had an ultrasound down? The problem is with the
        vets not finding out first whether or not our kitty's have heart problems
        before giving fluids.

        There are many causes of heart problem. You need to find out what
        the heart problem is and treat it, fluids will most certainly make things
        worse but they do not cause the disease in it self.

        Cynthia, Taffy, Samuel