Jerkie

  • Sandler, Zellene E.
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2001
      I know I sent you a reply about what I do for supps for Widgie, but can't
      remember if you responded...or maybe it was from another list you are on.
      My Widgie isn't on enacard. But I know on the Atenolol at first she seemed
      disoriented and strange...with dilated pupils after first taking it. They
      cut her dose by half and it's okay now. With Atenolol and Diltiazem they
      tend to start slowly and build up but my vet didn't. I just don't know if
      it's true for your med.

      Did the vet show you how to check the heart rate? I just put my ear down to
      Widgie's left side near where the "elbow" is and count...each lub-dub is one
      beat. I check for 15 seconds and multiply by 4. Widgie's rate is now 128 to
      136, which is on the low side. It would be a good idea to check this a
      couple times a day at least at first.