Raw diet/dreams

  • Sandler, Zellene E.
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2001
      Gail, I'd try giving Malcolm a little bit of raw beef....organic if you can
      find it...or some raw ground chicken or turkey to see if he will eat
      it....just a teaspoon or so should tell you. Most cats that have been on
      canned food really don't know what to do with chicken necks! The
      www.holisticat.com site has some raw recipes. You might want to subscribe to
      their list group, too, since raw feeding is often discussed. You need to
      supplement raw meats and poultry with calcium, etc., to provide the right
      balance of vitamins and minerals. Widgie has to be coaxed to eat the Aunt
      Jeni's. On a whim, I bought some Bell and Evans natural ground turkey last
      night and gave her a spoonful and she loves it! I guess I'll have to break
      down and actually make my own raw food recipes, but as a non-meat and
      poultry eater, dealing with this is not easy. Though it will be easier than
      making the cooked recipe for Jubi...the smell of cooking meat makes me
      queasy now.

      Widgie has been really quiet yesterday and today. I don't think the
      homeopathic remedy has done much, if anything. I'll be getting a new remedy
      this week. OH, how I'd love to see my girl come out of the bedroom and meet
      me at the door again! I have been dreaming of her lately. I dreamed she WAS
      at the door and slipped out really fast and I had to run after her to get
      her back in. Just like old times. Sigh.