Re: [feline-heart] Re: taurine

  • Carole
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
      Hi,

      I've just emailed to see if they will ship tothe UK. Fingers and paws crossed. They say Taurine is very bitter so no wonder Sam wouldn't eat it!! Thanks so much, Carole and Sam

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
        Carole wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I've just emailed to see if they will ship tothe UK. Fingers and paws crossed. They say Taurine is very bitter so no wonder Sam wouldn't eat it!! Thanks so much, Carole and Sam

        The powder is tasteless... yes, I have tried it! LOL The liquid may be bitter, but I would use the powder if you can find it.
        Otherwise, put the liquid in gelcaps like I did with the petinic (palatable NOT)

        Anyes, Angelica, angels Lucie and Georgina
      • Barbie
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 26, 2010
          Oh okay I knew I had seen that ingredient somewhere
          just couldn't piece it together.  Hope your baby gets
          better and back to her normal eating habits.  Diet
          can really wreak havoc when changed and sometimes
          it can make things better.  So I know
          what you are going through.

          Barbie

          see in them what I am".

          Gustav Klimt

          ________________________________
          Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:52:53 -0700
          From: barbie_guitard@...
          To: casaobelisco@...

          I know someone had mentioned taurine to me a few
          days ago.  Is this a herbal type supplement?  Does
          it have to be prescribed by doc.  Is it safe with all
          the meds cats are given for HCM?  What are the benefits?
          What does it do for kitty?  Has it been tested and proven?

          Barbie

          see in them what I am".

          Gustav Klimt

          ________________________________
          From: wsolem3@...
          Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:12:31 -0700
          Subject: [FH] Re:

          Hi Barbi,

          I am new to the group but am quickly becoming an old hand with medications for
          the heart.

          My cat Tino was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure and is on all
          kinds of medications.

          Plavix seemed to have a terrible taste and he would foam at the mouth if it
          didn't go straight down.

          The Dr then put him on one baby aspirin every 3 days. (In addition he takes
          enanapril and lasix 2 times daily)

          I found that I got quite a bit of help with these meds with a company called
          "Greenies" They make a product called "pill pockets".

          They may or may not work but would definitely be worth a try.
          Tino actually begs for them even though meds are hidden inside.
          Chicken is his favorite. I also found the aspirin I used is low dose adult.
          That means that while its the dame dosage as baby aspirin, it is not flavored
          and has a protective coating so no bad taste.

          Hopefully this helps. Definitely worth a try!
          Good luck!

          Wendy "Tino" and "Josy"