Re: taurine

  • PPerez5239@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
      I ordered taurine in liquid form for my Princess. The guy will ship right to
      you and include an invoice. Go to harlmen.com Hope this helps. Pat P

    • Carole
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
        Hi,

        I've just emailed to see if they will ship tothe UK. Fingers and paws crossed. They say Taurine is very bitter so no wonder Sam wouldn't eat it!! Thanks so much, Carole and Sam

        I ordered taurine in liquid form for my Princess. The guy will ship right to
        you and include an invoice. Go to harlmen.com Hope this helps. Pat P

      • Anyes Moscrip
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
          Carole wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I've just emailed to see if they will ship tothe UK. Fingers and paws crossed. They say Taurine is very bitter so no wonder Sam wouldn't eat it!! Thanks so much, Carole and Sam

          The powder is tasteless... yes, I have tried it! LOL The liquid may be bitter, but I would use the powder if you can find it.
          Otherwise, put the liquid in gelcaps like I did with the petinic (palatable NOT)

          Anyes, Angelica, angels Lucie and Georgina
        • Barbie
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 26, 2010
            Oh okay I knew I had seen that ingredient somewhere
            just couldn't piece it together.  Hope your baby gets
            better and back to her normal eating habits.  Diet
            can really wreak havoc when changed and sometimes
            it can make things better.  So I know
            what you are going through.

            Barbie

            see in them what I am".

            Gustav Klimt

            ________________________________
            Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:52:53 -0700
            From: barbie_guitard@...
            To: casaobelisco@...

            I know someone had mentioned taurine to me a few
            days ago.  Is this a herbal type supplement?  Does
            it have to be prescribed by doc.  Is it safe with all
            the meds cats are given for HCM?  What are the benefits?
            What does it do for kitty?  Has it been tested and proven?

            Barbie

            see in them what I am".

            Gustav Klimt

            ________________________________
            From: wsolem3@...
            Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:12:31 -0700
            Subject: [FH] Re:

            Hi Barbi,

            I am new to the group but am quickly becoming an old hand with medications for
            the heart.

            My cat Tino was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure and is on all
            kinds of medications.

            Plavix seemed to have a terrible taste and he would foam at the mouth if it
            didn't go straight down.

            The Dr then put him on one baby aspirin every 3 days. (In addition he takes
            enanapril and lasix 2 times daily)

            I found that I got quite a bit of help with these meds with a company called
            "Greenies" They make a product called "pill pockets".

            They may or may not work but would definitely be worth a try.
            Tino actually begs for them even though meds are hidden inside.
            Chicken is his favorite. I also found the aspirin I used is low dose adult.
            That means that while its the dame dosage as baby aspirin, it is not flavored
            and has a protective coating so no bad taste.

            Hopefully this helps. Definitely worth a try!
            Good luck!

            Wendy "Tino" and "Josy"