Isabelle scared the life out of me!

  • myisabelle0929
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008
      Isabelle has been doing wonderful lately. She is back to her normal
      perky little self and I've been completely enjoying every bit of it
      but like many of you I'm sure..I find myself watching her more than I
      should, just waiting for something to go wrong and hoping for just
      another "good" day.

      So I'm sitting in my room typing away on my computer and I hear two
      very strange, deep, almost muted "meows" that sound nothing like my
      cat. I turn around to see Isabelle crouched down, mouth closed and
      she started kind of lurching forward with her head. I immediately
      thought, "oh this is it, this is the end, please please let this not
      be happening" and said a quick prayer as I ran up to her. All of a
      sudden she opens her mouth and out flies a big giant MOTH!! LOL! My
      sweet little girl, who won't even eat wet food or any other delectable
      cat treat enjoys catching and eating moths and always has. In fact,
      I've seen her catch a fly with her paws more than once! What was odd
      though was that she brought it in my room and then meowed. She has
      never been an outdoor cat and wouldn't know what to do with a bird or
      mouse but perhaps she was trying to get some praise for doing this??
      Anyway, I had to share this with you all to make you smile. I think
      we could use a bit of humor on here sometimes :-) My poor heart would
      not stop pounding for the longest time.
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008
        That's just great! Thank you for sharing this. We've had a really
        hard few days with Snowball, and this made me smile...a much needed
        smile.

        hugs,
        Carol and Snowball and the gang

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "myisabelle0929"
        <myisabelle0929@...> wrote:

        All of a sudden she opens her mouth and out flies a big giant MOTH!!
        LOL!
      • Azar Attura
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2008
          MOTHRA!!?? <;-) LOL!!

          I wish we humans were as pre-wired as all kitties seem
          to be, regarding specific survival/behavioral
          traits, -- I bet your kitty would have no problem if
          birdie should fly into the apartment (let's hope she
          misses, though!!)

          Anyway, if we humans were "pre-wired" regarding
          specific survival/behavioral traits, then my mother
          would have cooked us kids nutritious meals without
          burning them....

          Once my Princess kitty scared the living hekk outta me
          becuz she kept staaaring and staaaring at the white
          wall behind the sofa -- and there was NOTHING there!
          I was beginning to wonder if I should start to play
          the Twilight Zone song.....

          Oh.. after a few minutes I realized that there WAS
          something there -- a (beautiful!) white moth.
        • amanda
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2008
            Awww naughty little puss! Yes they do like to scare us sometimes! Glad it was only a moth! hugs and purrs Amanda and Silver chan.