Re: OT-CRF

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
      hi Vickie,

      It depends on if this is for what you're going to feed him as
      regular meals or just once and a while treats. Turkey and chicken
      baby food are lower in protein than beef or lamb. Any meat based
      treat is going to be most likely high in protein. I don't think it's
      that bad if it's just a treat and not a stead diet to give baby
      food. A lot of folks on the CRF groups I'm on give it often when the
      kitties won't eat their regular food.

      You could either boil up or bake some skinless turkey or chicken
      breast for a treat.

      Here's a link to a site that has protein and phosphorus contents of
      various foods. http://webpages.charter.net/katkarma/canfood.htm

      Here are links to the 3 CRF groups that I know of. You might join
      and ask them too. The first two are smaller groups, the third is a
      very large group.

      Hope this helps.

      hugs,
      Carol and Snowball and the gang